If you are a music enthusiast you must already have a subwoofer. It’s known to boost bass and make the sound crisper, louder. However, a subwoofer may not be enough. You’ll need a subwoofer box as well.The box minimizes vibrations and shapes bass frequencies to improve the overall experience. While a subwoofer box is in demand, picking one can be a lot of trouble due to the huge number of options out there. To help you in this regard, we have picked some of the best subwoofer boxes out there. Let’s get to know more:
Types Of Subwoofer EnclosuresThe type of enclosure you build around your subwoofer will decide the sound quality of your system. Some options include:
- Ported Boxes
- Sealed Boxes
- Bandpass Boxes
- Free Air Boxes
Best Subwoofer Box Design for Deep Bass – Comparison Table
|Model||Weight (pounds)||Dimensions (inches)||Size||Purchase|
|ASC Single 8″||22.1||16.6 x 12.6 x 10.7||8 inches|
|Ground Shaker 8″ Dual ported subwoofer||33||29 x 15 x 9.75||8 inches|
|Q Power QBOMB10VL||23.2||20.5 x 13.9 x 15.1||10 inches|
|Bbox E10DV||38||30 x 20 x 12||10 inches|
|Sound Ordnance BB12-200V||29||20.3 x 14 x 12||10 inches|
|Q Power QBOMB12VL||25||22 x 15 x 13.5||12 inches|
|Q Power QBOMB12V||30||32 x 14 x 13.2||12 inches|
|ASC Dual 15″||89||40.2 x 19.7 x 18.3||15 inches|
|Q Power QBOMB15V||49||38 x 18 x 16.4||15 inches|
Best 8 Inch Subwoofer Box Design for Deep Bass
1. ASC Single 8″ Subwoofer Universal Slot Vented Port Sub Box Speaker Enclosure – Amazing Bass OutputThis subwoofer enclosure is a combination of superior build, ultimate material quality, and flexible design.With 0.80 cubic of air space and patent pending vent design, it serves as one of the best enclosures on the market.Features Of The Product
- Port: The highlight of this subwoofer enclosure is its port. The inside of this enclosure incorporates a snake-like shape that helps channel the airflow outside the box. This port offers two amazing benefits: It improves sound frequency thanks to the excellent tuning it offers. It improves bass by boasting the back pressure.
- Best Connection: It’s high quality spring loaded terminal cup ensures the best possible connection.
- Tuned Frequency: It peaks at 40Hz which is commendable for its size.
This ported sub box speaker is an ideal choice for music lovers who want a fine-tuned box. It looks good and is known to improve output.
2. 8″ Dual ported subwoofer Box 37-Hz By Ground Shaker – High Frequency TunedThis enclosure offers dual chambers and has an air volume of 1.46 cubic feet in total. Hence, you will have no problem in placing two subwoofers with a volume of 0.73 cubic feet each.Features Of The Product
- Frequency: This speaker box is meant to offer a frequency of 37Hz which makes it a low tuned enclosure. This frequency produces hard and strong bass that you will love.
- Construction: It is built using 11/16” MDF wood that’s quite high in density. The carpet has a superior trunk liner finish that not only enhances its visual appeal but also makes it sturdy.
- Strong Sealing: The sealing is made up of high-quality silicone and has 2 spring-loaded terminals as well. Hence, this box will not vibrate like standard boxes.
Best 10 Inch Subwoofer Box Design for Deep Bass
3. Q Power QBOMB10VL Single 10″ QBomb Side Ported Subwoofer Enclosure – Powerful Unit for Loud SoundsThis single vented subwoofer enclosure is side ported and offers 1.4 cubic feet of airspace.Features Of The Product
- Tuning: This enclosure is tuned at 39 Hz and is known to remove noises even at high volumes. It produces good sound with fine control.
- Rhino Layer Finish: It is coated with the black bed “Rhino” layer finish which gives it a shiny and antique look
- Construction: Since it is a nicely vented and ported box, expect to hear crisp and clear sound. The build is strong and ensures no vibrations. Plus the frequency remains unchanged even on rough situations. It is made up of ¾” MDF wood that makes it extra durable and long lasting.
- Terminal Cups: It comes with screw down deluxe terminal cups that are easier to handle than spring post terminals.
4. Bbox E10DV Dual 10″ – Strongest Holding CapabilityAnother dual enclosure that is built with high grade materials and offers amazing sound quality. Apart from having a tight seal, it also incorporates a finish that blends well with your car’s interior.Features Of The Product
- Box Finish: This box is graced with premium level SRO carpet that enhances its visual appeal and makes it durable as well.
- Exterior Color: It’s one of the few boxes that blend well with almost all interiors. This is possible thanks to the charcoal color carpet wrapped on it.
- Construction: The box is made up of ¾” MDF panels that can hold the deepest bass. It also has a 1” thick MDF baffle on the front whose job is to reduce the panel flex. Thus, you get a solid mounting mechanism.
- Holding Ability: Put all your worries to rest as this beauty is known to hold well thanks to Atrend’s special blend that offers a PSI of 3600 (holding ability). Hence, the enclosure won’t budge off no matter how many bumps your car goes through.
This is a highly durable and high-quality subwoofer box that can hold two subwoofers inside. There is ample room in the box and it also offers good frequency.
Best 12 Inch Subwoofer Box Design for Deep Bass
5. Sound Ordnance BB12-200V Single 12″ Vented Box – Best Value For MoneyThis rugged bass bunk box is one of the sturdiest boxes on the list and is meant to last for a long time. It produces perfect sounds on low frequency and is known to create no vibrations due to its fiberboard construction.Features Of The Product
- Accurate Response: This 200V ported box can accommodate one 12” subwoofer as it has an inner volume of 1.83 cubic feet. The box incorporates large vents and rounded corners help minimize port noise.
- Strong Bass Artillery: You will experience a strong and deep bass from this box that is tuned at 34Hz. This is possible thanks to a combination of excellent sub, wiring, amp and mounting position.
- Tough Black Carpeting: Thick carpeting ensures there are no scratches. Hence, the enclosure will look neat and new for a long period of time.
- Build: This hatchback-style ported box is made up of a durable 5/8 inch medium density fiberboard (MDF). In addition to this, it is also wrapped with a black carpet that contributes to the overall durability and thickness.
- Terminals: You will find two spring-post speaker terminals mounted on the back panel. These terminals can work with bare wire of up to 10 gauge, single banana plugs, and pin connectors.
- Inside the box is a 24” long wire that connects to the woofer.
This is an excellent unit that’s known to run for years. However, installing it can be a bit of trouble due to no mounting hardware.
6. Q Power QBOMB12VL SINGLE Single 12-Inch Side Ported Speaker Box with Durable Bed Liner Spray – The One With Deep BassThis single vented subwoofer enclosure incorporates 1.8 cubic feet of airspace and accounts for the deepest bass. It is meant to last for years to come thanks to the high-quality finish on the box.Features Of The Product
- Rhino Layer Finish: Black bed “Rhino” layer finish gives it a luxurious look. It can add appeal to your car.
- Tuning: The box is tuned at 38Hz. It offers fine control and a good sound level.
- Build: A vented and ported box should have a good and solid build because it affects the overall sound quality. This box is constructed with ¾” MDF wood which gives it amazing durability. Plus, there are no vibrations.
- Terminal Cups: This box incorporates screw down deluxe terminal cups that are easier to handle compared to spring post terminals.
This Box offers good airspace, fewer vibrations, and a sleek design that will enhance the look of your car’s interior.
7. Q Power QBOMB12V Dual 12-Inch Vented Speaker Box with Durable Bed Liner Spray – Excellent Sound QualityAlmost similar to the previous subwoofer enclosure, this one is a bit bigger. With a volume of 1.5 cubic feet per woofer, this one offers more amplitude and superior sound quality.If you are looking for deep bass and powerful sound then this beauty will not disappoint.Features Of The Product
- Hard Pounding: With 40 Hz of tuning frequency, this one produces hard pound music that sounds similar to a large sized enclosure.
- Double Bed Liner Finish: The finish on the box not only contributes to its style and visual appeal but also makes it durable. This one will work fine for years to come.
- Spring Loaded Terminals: It incorporates spring-post speaker terminals that can connect to bare wire and power up the woofer.
- Construction: Apart from having a dual vented chamber design, this box is super durable as it is made up of 0.75” MDF wood. It makes the sound crisp and without any shaking.
This dual vented chamber design is for music enthusiasts who love to listen to music at a medium frequency of 40Hz. It produces clear and sharp sound.
Best 15 Inch Subwoofer Box Design for Deep Bass
8. ASC Dual 15″ Round Universal Subwoofer – Good Looking and PowerfulIf you are in search of a subwoofer box design that can offer high output sounds then ASC dual 15” enclosure is the ideal option for you. It is also a stylish looking enclosure that will enhance the look of your car’s interior.Features Of The Product
- Custom Paintable: The beauty of this enclosure is that it can be painted in any way you like. This is due to the standard baffle and ejectable trim plate. The front plate has a gray finish but you can customize it as per your needs.
- Maximum Bass Output: This enclosure has a unique port design that is responsible for channeling the airflow and producing the maximum possible bass.
- Smooth Connection: Spring loaded terminal cups offer a smooth connection. You can connect any bare wire to it and power it on.
- Tuned Frequency: It is quite a versatile unit as it peaks at 60Hz and goes as low as 28Hz.
- ASC dual 15” subwoofer box is made up of high quality MDF wood that is super solid. They can bear scratches and shakes and continue to produce quality sound throughout the journey.
- The wood is liquid nailed, followed by a seal. In the end, it is wrapped in a high quality carpet that looks amazing.
This enclosure is a viable choice for people who love to listen to loud music. It can handle both low and medium frequencies and produce clear sounds.
9. Q Power QBOMB15V Dual 15-Inch Vented Speaker Box from High Grade MDF Wood with Durable Bed Liner Spray – Best Dual EnclosureIf you are looking for a big enclosure that offers heart-pounding bass then look no further – Q Power QBOMB15V is what you should go for. This one is a slot ported box that can accommodate a 15” subwoofer.If you are looking for deep bass and powerful sound then this one will not disappoint with its 1.5 cubic feet of space.Features Of The Product
- Strong Pounding Sound: Expect to hear pounding music with no distortion thanks to its strong build.
- Double Bed Liner Finish: There is a double bed liner charcoal finish on the box which gives it a unique style. Not only that, this finish is textured and also contributes to the overall durability of the box.
- Screw Down Terminal Cups: It incorporates screw down deluxe terminal cups which are better than spring terminals.
- Construction: This dual design box is made high quality MDF wood that makes it possible for this box to play music at both low and high frequencies.
This is a dual enclosure for music lovers who love to listen to loud music. It is pretty durable and also easy to manage.
DIY Subwoofer Box Or BuyIf you enjoy taking matters in your own hands then you may also consider building one. Let’s look at the pros and cons of both the options.Do It Yourself: You can create a subwoofer box yourself. You will need materials and time to get the job done.However, don’t expect it to be very easy as the wood can be a bit difficult to manage due to thickness.Plus, be careful in taking measurements as it can be tricky as well.Things You Need To Make A Box:
- 3/4″ MDF (medium density fiberboard)
- Table saw or circular saw
- Panhead sheet metal screws (1/2″ and 3/4″)
- 2″ drywall screws
- Panhead sheet metal screws (1/2″ and 3/4″)
- Electric drill with bits for pre-drilling screw holes and driving screws
- Silicone caulk
- Carpenter’s glue
- Non-hardening rope caulk
- Speaker terminal cup
- Carpenter’s glue
Steps To Build:
- Measure and saw the MDF for front, side, back, and top of the enclosure.
- Take a compass and mark the cutouts with the right measurements.
- If you want to make a rigid box, sandwich two top pieces together with glue.
- Using a drill, make large holes on the edges so that the jigsaw blade can fit.
- Make a rectangular hole on the back and run a bead of silicone caulk to hold the terminals.
- Start nailing the sides together, giving it the shape.
- Use 2” drywall screws and glue to put the sides together.
- Insert the woofer and ensure fitting. You can use sandpaper to correct issues.
- Seal all the corners using caulk and leave it to dry for 24 hours.
- Now, using rope caulk, hook the wire from the terminals to the woofer.
- Your subwoofer box is now ready
Which Is Better? DIY Or Buying a Pre-Built Box?A pre-built box is better because it is neatly crafted. Plus, there’s no risk and you will also get to save time.DIY can be a lot of fun but a single mistake can ruin all your day’s hard work. Plus, you will have to invest in tools and take out time to do the job.We’d say it is better to pick one than to make one.
Best Subwoofer Box Buyer’s GuideHere are a few things you must keep in mind when picking a subwoofer box so that you can get all that you expect from the unit.
Types Of BoxesThe three types of box designs are:
- Sealed Subwoofer Enclosures (Best For Deep Precise Bass): A sealed box ensures high bass and can handle power without any difficulty. There are no open areas, hence no vibrations. You can also install an amplifier with ample wattage to enhance its performance.
- Ported Subwoofer Box (Best For Forceful Bass): These do not require as much wattage as sealed boxes because of the vented design. A vent is a port that produces a low bass responseIf you get a ported box that’s larger than a sealed box, it will produce much deeper bass. These boxes are suitable for people who listen to hard rock and heavy metal.
- Bandpass Subwoofer Box (Best For Maximum Slam): This one is a dual chamber box with a ported side. It’s sealed and has a medium narrow range of frequency but it can get extra loud as well.